2 cup rice
water for cooking congee 3 liter (more or less)
1 piece chicken breast
Average amount of chicken bones - for stock
1 carrot - sliced into smaller piece
small piece of ginger - smashed
light soy sauce
some dark soy sauce - for color
***(adjust the seasoning to taste)
some green onion for garnishing
- Wash & clean the chicken bones from fat & chicken blood.
- When the water boiling add in the chicken breast & chicken bones for chicken stock (approx: 15-20mins)
- Remove the cooked chicken breast & chicken bones from the stock.
- Wash the rice & add into the chicken stock. Add in sliced carrots, scallops, "dong cai" & smashed ginger.
- Increased the heat & bring the congee to boil (approx: 30mins)
- When the congee starts to thicken. Lower the heat & continue cook till all the rice breaks & turn soft (*time depend on the congee texture preferred)
- Season the congee to taste.
- Serve warm with shredded chicken meat floss (*from the cooked chicken breast) & some green onions.
HAPPY COOKING ! :)